Transitional Kindergarten Program
Our Transitional Kindergarten class is a 5 day program designed to accomplish the following objectives:
- Gain confidence and self-assurance translating into a desire to learn and take risks.
- Bridge the whimsy of childhood with the academics kids can expect in the Kindergarten year. (School Readiness).
- Provide a classroom environment which surrounds children with written language that is meaningful to them, laying the groundwork for becoming an avid reader.
- Provide basic principles underlying written language—the alphabetic principle.
- Instruction is systematic and sequential— “learning builds on learning.”
- Begin a lasting appreciation for music and art by providing opportunities for exploration.
- Provide daily exposure to age-appropriate math concepts and operations.
- Emphasize learning the fundamentals of math, reading and writing.
- Offer a balanced mix of play and structured learning meeting state benchmarks and standards.
- Support children with positive social/emotional tools in a Christian setting.
Our transitional kindergarten curriculum includes the following subjects: Math, Social Studies, Science, Reading, Writing, Music and Art in a loving environment that is engaging, fun, supportive, and challenging.