3 & 4 Year Old Program
Our 3- & 4-year-old program is designed to provide experiences that focus on exploration and whole-child development. This mixed-age preschool classroom provides parents with a two-day option (Mon/Tues), a three-day option (Weds/Thurs/Fri), or a five-day option (Mon-Fri). Our teachers plan meaningful, hands-on experiences that are engaging and balanced, providing both child-directed and teacher-directed parts of the school day. In this class, children learn important school-readiness skills through play. Children will be exposed to experiences that support learning in all areas of development including:
- A lasting appreciation for music and art by providing opportunities for exploration
- Sensory experiences
- Language and literacy skills through dramatic play, stories, songs and a classroom environment that surrounds children with written language that is meaningful to them
- Manipulative and fine motor skills to build pre-writing muscles
- Gross motor skills to build strength and coordination
- Daily exposure to age-appropriate math concepts and operations
- Social and emotional skills through interaction with their school family, including teachers and peers, building upon the Conscious Discipline foundation so children will be empathetic, self-confident, and problem solvers
- Spiritual development through daily prayers, Christian stories, and songs
- Emotional development through self-regulation, self-assurance, and confidence translating into a desire to learn and take risks
Our teachers use systematic and sequential instruction to ensure that “learning builds on learning.” Our curriculum is aligned with the Colorado Early Learning & Development Guidelines.
Parents receive a weekly Connection Letter from teachers that describes the activities that have taken place in the classroom throughout the week. This letter provides a bridge between home and school that allows parents to get a snapshot of what their children have been learning and what they can reinforce at home.