2½ Year Old Program
Our 2½ year old program is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our youngest learners. As this is the first school experience for many of the children in this classroom, teachers are experienced in creating a loving, supportive, nurturing environment. Parents can choose a two day option (Mon/Tues or Weds/Thurs) or four day option (Mon-Thurs).
The daily schedule includes a balance between both child-directed and teacher-directed activities. Children will be exposed to experiences that support learning in all areas of development including:
- Creative expression through art, music, and movement
- Sensory exploration
- Language and literacy skills through dramatic play, stories, and songs
- Manipulative and motor skills
- Social and emotional skills through interaction with their school family, including teachers and peers
- Spiritual development through daily prayers, Christian stories and songs
Parents receive a weekly Connection Letter from teachers that describes the activities that have taken place in the classroom throughout the week. This letter provides a bridge between home and school that allows parents to get a snapshot of what their children have been learning and what they can reinforce at home.