At St. James Preschool, safety for children, families, and staff is a top priority. We have developed a plan to operate our program as safely as possible based on the most recent guidelines from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Tri-County Health Department, the Colorado Office of Early Childhood, our Nurse Consultant, and the CDC.
We continue to act with vigilance in promoting overall preventative health hygiene to minimize the spread of infectious diseases within our school. Daily practices include:
- Thorough handwashing and covering up coughs/sneezes.
- Daily wellness checks of students, including temperature checks and symptom checklists upon arrival, as well as promptly sending students home if they show signs of illness.
- Requiring all teachers, staff and students feeling ill to stay home until they recover.
- Repeated cleaning of “high-touch” surfaces throughout the school day.
- Keep groups of children separate throughout the day (no mixing on the playground or in the hallways).
- Adults are required to wear masks at drop off and pick up, teachers are required to wear masks throughout the day, children ages 3 and over are wearing masks as much as possible.
- Reassuring children as questions and concerns regarding the virus come up.
If you would like to view the current COVID plan, you can download it below.